Mindi M. Johnson
Foster Swift Municipal Law News
March 30, 2015
In today’s competitive workplace, employee benefits is a hot topic for municipalities. From talent retention to complying with changing laws, municipalities face a wide variety of employee benefits matters.
Foster Swift’s employee benefits practice group offers a full range of services related to government sponsored employee benefit plans including:
- Retirement and pension plans
- Health plan options including the complexities of the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (also known as PPACA and the ACA) and the state Publicly Funded Health Insurance Contribution Act (also known as PA 152)
- Individualized welfare benefits plans, which may include retiree medical coverage, VEBA programs, Cafeteria Plans, dependent care assistance plans, discrimination testing and COBRA compliance
The employee benefits group focuses on addressing changes in the law, assisting with the development of valuable benefit programs and preparing clients to bargain over employee benefits. The support of dedicated employee benefits counsel has allowed our clients to assess the impacts that the changes in the law may produce and pursue practical solutions that preserve coverage while managing costs.
If you would like to talk further about employee benefit plan options available to you, please contact Mindi Johnson at email@example.com or 616.726.2252.
In This Issue
- Solar Energy: A “Hot” Topic at the Local Level
- Bond Counsel Corner: Municipal Advisors and the IRMA Exemption
- Develop FOIA Documents for New Requirements