Share |Foster Swift Agricultural Law News
April 30, 2015
- Do you know any Michigan high school seniors or high school graduates continuing their education who have exhibited at the Michigan Livestock Expo or the Michigan Dairy Expo? Let them know that the deadline to apply for a Michigan Youth Livestock Scholarship is May 31, 2015.
- Farmers need to file a Highly Erodible Land Conservation and Wetland Conservation form (AD-1026) by June 1, 2015. For more information, visit: http://1.usa.gov/1ImXSsR
- Governor Snyder appointed Christopher Kropf and Rodney Winkel and reappointed James Nugent to the Michigan Tree Fruit Commission. Mr. Kropf is the owner of Hart Farm LLC. Mr. Winkel is the owner and president of Grandview Orchards, Inc. Mr. Nugent is partner and operator of Sunblossom Orchards. Their terms will expire in 2018. To view the press release, visit: http://1.usa.gov/1GHhhp2
- Governor Snyder declared April to be “Michigan Wine Month.” For more information and a list of some upcoming Michigan wine events, please visit:
- The Michigan FFA Foundation will host the 16th Annual FFA Masters Golf Outing on June 18, 2015 at the Eldorado Golf Course, with a 9:30 a.m. shotgun start. Proceeds of the Golf Outing will support the Michigan FFA Foundation. Register or sponsor by June 5, 2015 at http://bit.ly/1zob7b1
In This Issue
- Can You Label your Food Product as "Healthy?"
- Does Your Contract Require Arbitration
- New Sustainable Food Systems Certification at Grand Valley State University
- FAA’s Takedown Orders Don’t Fly: Do You Need to Take Down Your Drone Videos?
- Urban Livestock Workgroup Posts Recommendations