Banking, Finance & Real Estate
The nation’s financial and real estate markets have undergone dramatic changes in recent years. Foster Swift has helped clients stay ahead of the curve as they face new challenges.
Understanding that the finance and real estate industries often cross paths, we have developed a comprehensive group to help better assist clients with their legal needs.
As a full-service practice, Foster Swift's Banking, Finance and Real Estate Group has successfully counseled financial institutions, businesses, insurance companies and individuals for more than 100 combined years. The group's reputation for excellence has been recognized by peer-reviewed publications such as Michigan Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America.
Whether you are a lender or a company with financing needs, the Banking, Finance and Real Estate Group handles related issues for a wide variety of businesses. Among the services provided are:
- Asset recovery, preferences and lien avoidance actions
- Financial transactions
- Real Estate transactions
- Counsel and guidance to financial institutions on regulatory compliance issues
- Bankruptcy, workouts and receiverships
- Bank Mergers & Acquisitions
- Collection, foreclosure, forfeiture actions, eviction proceedings and claim and delivery actions
- Loan transactions for lenders and borrowers
- Land division and zoning issues
- Site condominiums, mixed use condominiums, condominium conversions, and condominiums within condominiums
- Construction law matters including construction contracts, construction lien actions, and related litigation
- Environmental due diligence and Brownfield funding agreements
- Resolution of title disputes, title examinations, and title insurance claims
- Real estate brokerage law and property management contracts
Foster Swift has also represented property owners, builders, developers, and property management companies in legal proceedings throughout Michigan. Our attorneys have appeared in municipal and state administrative agencies and divisions, district and circuit courts, as well as in various courts of appeal.
Affordability and connections
Clients appreciate the value and results-oriented attitude we offer. By working closely with clients, we are able to customize fee arrangements that help meet their budget parameters. This allows us to provide the highest level of legal service at the lowest reasonable cost.
Our clients also rely on the professional working relationships our attorneys have developed with many key government and executive branch decision-makers, including state and federal financial institution regulators.
In short, Foster Swift provides comprehensive legal services to clients in banking, finance and real estate. Both institutional and individual clients benefit from the firm’s deep experience, knowledge of the law and reputation for outstanding attention to service.
Publications & Alerts
- New and Expanded Reporting Requirements for CUSOs from the NCUA, November 27, 2013
- Are You Properly Applying Mortgage Payments Received During a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?, Banking, Finance and Real Estate E-News, October 17, 2013
- Michigan Supreme Court Rules that an Action on an Account Stated or Open Account is Subject to Six-Year Statute of Limitations, Foster Swift Banking, Finance & Real Estate E-News, August 30, 2013
- New Changes to Michigan Foreclosure Law, Foster Swift Banking, Finance & Real Estate E-News, August 12, 2013
- Don’t Lose Your Right to Collect Unpaid Taxes at a Foreclosure Sale, Banking, Finance & Real Estate E-News, April 15, 2013
- Mortgage Foreclosure is “Debt Collection” Under the FDCPA, Banking, Finance & Real Estate E-News, April 15, 2013
For more, click here
- Attorney Eric Doster releases "Michigan Campaign Finance" book, September 10, 2013
- Foster Swift Attorney Randall Harbour named to position in the American Bar Association, August 20, 2013
- 21 Foster Swift Attorneys named to 2011 Michigan Super Lawyers; 4 named Michigan Rising Stars, September 12, 2011
- Foster Swift's 2011 Best Lawyers, August 17, 2010
- Foster Swift Announces 2009 Best Lawyers, August 18, 2009
- Best Lawyers Names Brent Titus "Lansing Real Estate Lawyer of the Year", February 12, 2009
- Foster Swift Announces 2008 Best Lawyers In America, September 18, 2008