The family unit has undergone dramatic transformation over the last century as divorce rates have soared, numerous step-families have been created, and life expectancies continue to grow. The result is new legal considerations facing the modern family.
Attorneys in the Parent-Child Law practice address the following challenging cases:
- Representing adults who are accused of child abuse or neglect in either criminal or termination of parental rights proceedings
- Serving as guardian ad litem for minor children, such as children whose parents are divorcing and children whose parents are engaged in a custody dispute
- Representing adults who suspect their parents are being abused either by other family members or caretakers
- Representing juveniles who are charged with crimes
- Representing clients in collaborative divorce, in which a husband and wife each retain a specially trained attorney and sign a commitment to settle without going to court, enabling them to work out issues directly with one another in a structured and safe environment
Imperative to parent-child law matters is being proactive in retaining legal counsel. While one often hopes these issues will resolve on their own, knowing the legal options and repercussions is crucial to achieving best results.
Publications & Alerts