Our lawyers really do try cases, but they know how much our clients hate the time, expense and uncertainty of that type of work. We pride ourselves on finding creative approaches to exceed our clients' expectations in ways that do not disrupt their lives and businesses.
Clients include individuals to Fortune 500 corporations. All benefit from our:
- Client Support - Foster Swift's number one priority is listening to the client and establishing regular and open communication regarding their matter.
- Breadth of experience and knowledge of the law - With 20-plus attorneys on the litigation team and offices throughout the state, we have extensive experience handling all types of cases as well as familiarity with the courts, judges and lawyers throughout Michigan. Today, litigation matters do not always end up in the courtroom. Firm attorneys are well versed in taking cases to trial as well as representing our clients in mediation and arbitration proceedings.
- Case evaluation and management - Foster Swift makes efficient use of technology to research law, evaluate cases and manage documents for litigation. These tools along with our attorneys' bank of experience and client's goals assist in the selection of the appropriate strategy for each case.
- Perspective - We look at all sides of the matter - plaintiff, defendant, judge and jury. This 360 degree perspective is facilitated by our lawyers who are former judges, prosecuting attorneys, as well as credentialed arbitrators, mediators and neutrals.
- Resources - Often key to a case is incorporating the specialized knowledge of subject-matter experts. Clients benefit from the extensive professional relationships our litigators have developed with qualified experts throughout the United States and internationally. We often use these experts to evaluate, report, and testify on behalf of our clients.
- Professionalism - Foster Swift’s litigation group is highly regarded by clients, peers and the bench. As one member of the group puts it, “Integrity is our calling card…as much as our experience, as our abilities and our commitment to the communities we serve. We are known and respected for our integrity to our clients, our adversaries and our system of justice."
Consistent with the above, multiple members of this group are recognized by Best Lawyers in America®, Michigan Super Lawyers and have earned AV® Preeminent™ ratings from Martindale Hubbell.
Our litigation and dispute-resolution clients call on us to represent them in a variety of areas, including:
Committed to achieving the best results for our clients, we approach each case creatively, efficiently, economically and with integrity.
Publications & Alerts
- Court Limits Road Commission Authority to Resolve Inter-Township Roadway Disputes, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, August 30, 2013
- To Arbitrate or Litigate? That is the Question., Foster Swift Commercial Litigation News, July 11, 2013
- A Motion for Directed Verdict, Michigan Bar Journal, July 2013
- How Not to Sell a Horse, The Equine Chronicle, June 27, 2013
- The Seller Breached the Contract but the Purchaser Saved Money as a Result, Foster Swift Automotive Management News, March 20, 2013
- Litigation 101 - What Happens In A Lawsuit?, Foster Swift Agricultural Law Update, February 2012
For more, click here
- Julie I. Fershtman Sworn in as State Bar of Michigan President, September 15, 2011
- 21 Foster Swift Attorneys named to 2011 Michigan Super Lawyers; 4 named Michigan Rising Stars, September 12, 2011
- Foster Swift's 2011 Best Lawyers, August 17, 2010
- Patricia J. Scott Announced as Foster Swift's Newest Associate, April 14, 2010
- Smith and Mandel Announced as Super Lawyers, February 26, 2010
- Foster Swift Elects Dana Bennett as Shareholder, January 27, 2010
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy issues, Bankruptcy Best Practices Seminar, September 27, 2013