Foster Swift's Employment Benefits attorneys offer a wealth of experience in employee benefits law, allowing them to take a proactive approach in protecting its clients.
Attorneys in this practice area work with hundreds of employers throughout the Midwest, and handle all aspects employee benefits, including:
- Qualified retirement plans
- Non-qualified retirement plans
- Cafeteria plans
- Section 403(b) and (c) annuity programs
- COBRA compliance and other insurance issues
- Health and other welfare benefit plans
- Benefits litigation (representing employers) and other employee benefit matters
We remain at your service well into retirement, where we work with all types of qualified retirement plans, such as:
- Profit sharing
- Stock bonus
- Defined benefit
- Money purchase pension
- Target benefit
- Cash balance
Our non-qualified retirement plan practice includes:
- Non-qualified deferred compensation-403(b) annuity programs
- Section 409(a) Non-qualified deferred compensation plans
- Tax exempt and government plans qualified under Code §457
- Non-qualified plans that meet the requirements of Code §451, whether top-hat, excess benefit, or other unfunded arrangements.
Retirement programs range in size from small family business plans to programs covering 25,000 participants. The assets of those plans range from under $100,000 to more than $600,000,000.
Over the years, clients have been as varied as the challenges they’ve faced. When it comes time to meet your own unique challenges, you will be comforted to know that the members of our Employee Benefits Practice Group are on your team, drawing upon our breadth of experience and skill to assist you in reaching your goals.
Foster Swift has been named a Tier 1 firm in Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law in Lansing by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2014.
Publications & Alerts
- Retirement Plans Must Recognize Same-Sex Spouses for Federal Tax Purposes, Foster Swift Employment, Labor & Benefits E-News, December 12, 2013
- U.S. Department of Labor Guidance Regarding Same-Sex Marriages, Foster Swift Employment, Labor & Benefits E-News, December 12, 2013
- Notice of Insurance Marketplace – Due Date Approaching, Health Care Reform Update, September 10, 2013
- IRS Issues Guidance Regarding Delay of Employer Shared Responsibility Payments, Foster Swift Health Care Reform Update, July 11, 2013
- Act 329 Authorizes Bonds For Pension And OPEB Liabilities, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, January 2013
- IRS Announces Pension Plan Limitations for 2013, Foster Swift Employment, Labor & Benefits E-News, November 8, 2012
For more, click here