Honors & Recognitions
Finalist - Michigan State College of Law Best Brief Competition
Jurisprudence Achievement Awards - Research, Writing, and Advocacy I and II, Pre-trial, and Forensic Science
Michigan State Law Review
Trial Practice Institute
Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2009, magna cum laude
Calvin College, B.A., 2004, Business and Spanish
Bar and Court Admissions
State Bar of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Lindsey E. Bosch
Lindsey E. Bosch
Lindsey joined Foster Swift as a summer associate in 2008 and returned to the firm after graduating from Michigan State University School of Law in 2009.
She is a member of the firm's General Litigation Practice Group, where she concentrates her practice on employment litigation; insurance regulation, compliance and defense; family law; and business breakups. Lindsey's experience and practice focus includes the following:
- Employment Law: Noncompetition Agreements, Employment Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements, Severance Agreements, and Personnel Policies and Procedures; Title VII, Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act, Whistleblowers' Protection Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disability Act, Bullard Plawecki Right to Know Act; claims before the EEOC and Civil Rights Department; Advising employers on human resource issues, including matters related to Discrimination, Harassment, Hiring, Termination, and Confidentiality.
- Insurance Law: Insurance Regulations; Coverage Analysis; Disputes Among Insurers; Insurance Fraud; Premises Liability, Professional Liability, and General Liability.
- Family Law: Pre-nuptial Agreements; Divorce and Post-Judgment Matters, including Business Valuation Issues; Custody; and Child Support.
Lindsey has significant courtroom experience for an associate attorney and has tried several cases since joining Foster Swift. Lindsey also enjoyed a distinguished academic career. She completed a dual undergraduate degree and excelled in law school where she earned her degree magna cum laude. Lindsey was honored with Jurisprudence Awards as the top student in multiple classes, including her research, writing, and trial classes, and was selected for membership with the Michigan State Law Review and the Trial Practice Institute. Lindsey was a finalist in her law school's "Best Brief" competition and selected to publish her student note in the Michigan State Law Review.
Prior to attending law school, Lindsey taught English at Changzhou University of Information Technology, in Changzhou, China.
Lindsey is admitted to practice in all Michigan state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan. She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Grand Rapids Bar Association, and the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan.
- Ask a Lawyer, Michigan Township Association, January 26, 2011
- Road Commission Law Quarterly Review, April 2013
- Physical Contact Alone Does Not Necessarily Establish that an Injured Party was “Occupying” a Vehicle, Foster Swift No-Fault E-News, June 7, 2012
- Noteworthy 2010 Municipal Court Decisions - A Quick Summary, Foster Swift Municipal Law News: MTA Edition, January 2011
- Michigan’s Smoking Ban and Its Effect on Municipalities, Foster Swift Municipal Law News, June 2010
- Installing Footbaths at the University of Michigan-Dearborn: Is the University Preventing Slip and Fall or Falling Further Down the Establishment Clause's Slippery Slope?, Michigan State Law Review, Winter 2008
- Michigan Supreme Court Holds that a No-Fault Insurer Cannot Challenge the Corporate Status of a Provider formed under the Business Corporations Act, Foster Swift No-Fault E-News, July 3, 2008
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Section, Member
- Family Law Section, Member
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Western Region
- Madison Square Christian Reformed Church
- Jubilee Centers International