Honors & Recognitions
AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell
Best Lawyers in America© 2015 (Bet-the-Company Litigation; Criminal Defense: Non-White-Collar; Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Family Law)
Michigan Super Lawyers 2006-2014 (Criminal Defense)
Leo Farhat Outstanding Attorney Award, Ingham County Bar Association, 2001
Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., 1978
Michigan State University, M.A., 1975, Education Administration and Curriculum
Michigan State University, B.A., 1971, Social Science/Teacher Certification; Psychology M
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Frank H. Reynolds
Frank H. Reynolds
Frank Reynolds joined Foster Swift in 2009 as a shareholder in the firm’s General Litigation Group. His practice focuses on State and Federal criminal defense, family law and professional licensing. He has successfully defended many high profile cases in Ingham County and throughout Michigan. Through his career he has tried more than 250 cases - everything from a simple misdemeanor to the capital offense murder.
Frank's passion is teaching and developing young professionals. With his success comes many opportunities to speak and teach. He has presented and lectured across Michigan to educational, charitable, and professional legal organizations, high school classes, community college and college classes, and he has served in adjunct professorships at both area law schools, Thomas M. Cooley and Michigan State University’s College of Law.
In recognition of his contributions to the practice of law and his commitment to ensuring high standards of practice, Mr. Reynolds has received numerous awards and recognitions, including leadership positions in the local and state bar associations, numerous selections as Special Prosecutor, appointments to boards and inclusion in Best Lawyers® in America, Michigan Super Lawyers, and appointment by former U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, William H. Rehnquist, to the Magistrate Judge Education Advisory Committee of the Federal Judicial Center. Frank was recently re-appointed to the Judicial Qualifications Committee of the State Bar of Michigan.
Mr. Reynolds received his law degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, and holds a Master of Arts degree and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Michigan State University.
He is admitted to practice in Michigan and in the United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- Successfully achieved a declination to authorize the death penalty by the U.S. Attorney General.
- Acquittals in numerous criminal jury trials.
- Negotiation major pleas in numerous state and federal criminal cases.
- Attorney Frank Reynolds inducted into American College of Trial Lawyers, September 19, 2014
- 2014 Michigan Super Lawyers and Michigan Rising Stars, September 5, 2014
- 45 Foster Swift attorneys named to 2014 Best Lawyers in America© roster, August 19, 2014
- Thirty-one Foster Swift Attorneys included in Super Lawyers for 2013, September 6, 2013
- Forty-five Foster Swift Attorneys included in Best Lawyers, August 15, 2013
- Foster Swift attorneys selected as Michigan Super Lawyers and Michigan Rising Stars, September 6, 2012
- 47 Foster Swift attorneys named as 2013 Best Lawyers, September 4, 2012
- Building a Trial Book, Foster Swift CLE Room Lansing, August 18, 2010
- Seminar for Criminal Defense Attorneys, May 22, 2010
- Panel Program - Claude McCollum Case "Justice or Injustice", HOM TV hosted by JoAnne Paul, April 2010
- Prosecutor Intern Training, Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan, 2010
- CSI Effect, Thomas M. Cooley Law Review, October 14, 2009
- Justice Panel Member, Eaton County Circuit Court, June 30, 2009
For more, click here
- An Adventure to the Bottom of the World, Ingham County Bar Association Briefs, February 2010
- Michigan Sentencing Guidelines Calculation, Ingham County Bar Association Briefs, 1996
- High Profile Cases and the Media, Ingham County Bar Association Briefs, 1995
- Community Corrections, Ingham County Bar Association Briefs, 1992
- Domestic Relations-Mediation/Trial, Ingham County Bar Association Briefs, 1992
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan, Judicial Qualifications Committee
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan Judicial Qualifications Committee
- Ingham County Bar Association, Bar - Bench Committee, Tech Committee
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Western Michigan Chapter
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Inns of Court, Michigan State University College of Law Chapter
- Federal Judicial Center, Magistrate Judge of Education Committee
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- Historical Society of the Western District of Michigan
- National Sentencing Association
- Ingham County Sobriety Court Foundation, Board of Directors
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Michigan Capital Region, Board of Directors